Project Supervision meeting: We were all able to meet this week. Kenny asked us questions about our project progress. For myself I find I am having difficulty answering questions on the spot. This is probably due to being unpracticed in this, something I need to work on. Also though I am realising that I am not totally secure in the approach I will take in the practical component. This means I need to read more but I am aware that I should put a time limit on this as unbounded research will delay or limit other essential activities.
Activity this week:
- Carried out further research and began designing questions for the survey to be used in each choir session.
- Scores - My Bonnie Lass (Morley T. arr. Robinson R.) set in F this is good arrangement. All four parts now recorded individually with careful attention to note lengths and rhythm. Work ongoing to secure my knowledge of this score.
- Read and thought about topics within singing andragogy. The key areas I will focus on are:
Melody - exploring the contrapuntal melodic lines in the scores
Rhythm - exploring the rhythm of each work
- Edited schedule in Word for conversion to PDF in order to enable use of Voiceover. This is in effect a more accessible time management tool and therefore more efficient than pursuing the tactile Gantt chart which was proving time consuming and not robust.
- Complete consent form.
- Record SATB of April is in my Mistress Face
- Start draft survey document
- Choose one method for teaching counterpoint