Research Methods - We had a visit from Claire and Lynne. They are University staff concerned with the Showcase Exposition component of the course. They described the way it is organised and what will be allocated to each of us in terms of display space: shared computer, with one other, plus single display board in a 4x7 floor space. Some extra's can be requested so I will be requesting a table and chair as I anticipate using these.
Project Supervision Group - My supervisor acknowledged the work I have done over the past week. We had a good discussion about teaching approaches. I need to firmly establish what aspects the Madrigal in particular has that I am going to focus on for teaching. We agree on the lyric as a key aspect. We had further discussion regarding rhythm but Kenny suggests that this is universal so I need to look for aspects that are unique to the Madrigal.
- Researching for and preparing the consent form for the project subjects to sign. I found an excellent media student project video highlighting why subjects who know you as a person, and even those who do not, may all to willingly sign a consent form.
Length appeared to be a top reason for not signing. The ideal consent form will be a single A4 side document, succinctly written in plain English, covering the subjects participation, and use of: recordings, quotes and photographs as agreed by them, for the Project, Dissertation and Showcase that will conclude the work for the Honours year.
- Created a first attempt Logic9 file of April is in My Mistress Face. My knowledge of Logic is limited but this is something I can work on with online tutorials.
Actions for the week ahead:
- Create Daisy Disc of the Song parts for my own easy navigation.
- Create Logic file of My Bonnie Lass
- Get feedback on audio files/Logic
- Further evaluation of scores, notes and lyrics.