KM's tutorial began with a discussion on the score issue. This I have since resolved. Taking into consideration the material requirements (imitation, word painting, imitative counter-point) and time factors I have decided to use the first or A section (bars 1-26) of Help, I Fall. This is another madrigal proper. The A section has examples of all the components and limiting the session to this should permit me to deliver all the planned teaching strategies. I need to allow extra time for the slightly longer survey.
KM also described more fully the desired structure for the draft outline. He followed this up on email. At first I thought this would not work with my text-to-speech (TTS) software. However, further investigation online has helped me adapt the accessibility features on my computer to permit TTS of highlighted text with a combined key strike. This is working as long as I have someone to highlight the areas of text I need. This will work for Word, Powerpoint and Excel. It has enabled me to follow through with KM's advice re the outline. I am feeling much better about this as the new TTS set up is reading the nested, numbered bullet points preferred for this document. Trying this today it has allowed me to better understand why this is a good way to create the skeleton for the dissertation: giving me the bones to hang the flesh on!
Other progress this week was the writing of a Sibelius file for the new work. From this I will create mp3 files for each voice part. This will speed my own accurate learning of the score. I will also consider sending these to the choir members a few days prior to the session. From the interview with a choral leader I learned that current practice should anticipate the need or desire for this. Positive and negatives sides to this were stated.
Elsewhere it has been a busy week with DRAKE and a charity performance for The Annie Dow Heroism Awards, TADAH :)